360 KB: Databases from provider SPIE: Title-Level URL Domain Change -- August, 2017
What is happening to the URL linking syntax of SPIE databases?
The provider SPIE will be migrating its databases from Silverchair SCM6 Platform to New SPIE Digital Library Platform. Additionally, the new platform will be using HTTPS for the title level URLs and database links. There will NOT be any overlap period during migration to the new platform.
Therefore, we will be changing the Database links and title-level linking syntax in the Knowledgebase. The content of the databases will remain the same.
This change will take effect on August 15, 2017:
See here list of title level URL changes for database SPIE Digital Library (Journals), dbid: FQ0
See here for list of database URL changes for databases:
- SPIE Conference Proceedings by volume, dbid: FO0
- SPIE Digital Library (Books), dbid: FP0
- SPIE Digital Library (Journals), dbid: FQ0
- SPIE Digital Library (Proceedings Series), dbid: R.2
- SPIE journals, dbid: .GK
Provider's migration FAQ is here (PDF)
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org or *www.spiedigitallibrary.org is included in your proxy configuration before August 15, 2017.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after August 15, 2017.
- Article last edited: 09-Aug-2017