What is happening to De Gruyter Open Access?
The database De Gruyter Open Access from the provider Walter de Gruyter holds mostly Books and some Journals titles. The provider offers two separate Open Access packages for Books and Journals.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name in the Knowledgebase and in addition, will be removing the Journals titles. The database ID (F-.) will remain the same. The Journals titles will be available through the De Gruyter Open Access Journals database (database ID: AHGSO).
This change will take effect on April 29, 2021:
- Before April 29, 2021: De Gruyter Open Access
- After April 29, 2021: De Gruyter Open Access Books
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after April 29, 2021.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 05-April-2021