What is happening to the database Fisheries and Oceans Canada Virtual Library?
The database Fisheries and Oceans Canada Virtual Library from the provider Fisheries and Oceans Canada is now a zero-titles database. The provider no longer provides direct links to their serial titles.
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the Knowledgebase collection policy), all titles will be removed from Fisheries and Oceans Canada Virtual Library database in the Knowledgebase on July 13, 2017. (NOTE: The database code for this database is OFC).
We have created a new database in the Knowledgebase. The titles are available in Fisheries and Oceans Canada database (code: ASXSV) under provider Government of Canada.
This change will take effect on July 13, 2017:
- Before July 13, 2017: Fisheries and Oceans Canada Virtual Library
- After July 13, 2017: Fisheries and Oceans Canada, database code: ASXSV
Action you need to take:
- Update the holdings in your Intota or Client Center profile by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. For information on how to update your profile, and considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after July 13, 2017.
- Article last edited: 13-Jul-2017