360 KB: Gale Directory Library from Gale: Database Migration and Title-Level URL Domain Change -- April 2019
What is happening to the URL linking syntax and database URL of database Gale Directory Library?
UPDATE: Gale Cengage has provided more information regarding the database migration. Both the old and new platforms will be live simultaneously until April 30, 2019. Because not all of the titles on the old platform will be migrating, so that there is no loss of access until the old platform is shut down, HDM will list both the new and old URLs to BOTH platforms. The new platform will have the https://go.galegroup URLs and the old platform will continue to have the http://find.galegroup. Once the shutdown has completed, all of the old titles will be removed.
If you see the Duplicate Holdings bug in the Client Center, please read this article for more information on how to resolve it.
The provider Gale Cengage has migrated the Gale Directory Library to a new platform and has changed the database level URL and title-level linking syntax for Gale Directory Library, database code [HDM].
Therefore, we will be changing the database level URL and title-level linking syntax in the Knowledgebase. The content of the database will remain the same.
This change will take effect on May 7:
- Before May 7: http://find.galegroup.com/
- After May 7: https://go.galegroup.com/
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either http://go.galegroup.com or *go.galegroup.com is included in your proxy configuration before May 7.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after May 7.
- Article last edited: 16-MAY-2018