360 KB: Kids InfoBits: Addition of Title-Level URL's -- July 2014
- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to Gale’s Kids InfoBits database?The provider Gale has migrated Kids InfoBits to a new platform, so we have recently added title-level URL’s to the Kids InfoBits database (DBID: IKB).
Previous to the addition of title-level URL’s to this database, linking was on the database-level only. There may also be some changes in content of the database, due to the change of platform.
Actions you may need to take:
- Title-level URL’s for this database require addition of your Gale location id. Please follow these instructions to set up your title level links for this database.
- Make sure that either http://find.galegroup.com/ or *.galegroup.com is included in your proxy configuration.
NOTE: If you are experiencing a temporary loss of authentication for your library after setting up your title-level URL’s, Gale Technical Support may need to migrate your location id to the new platform. In that case, please contact Gale Technical Support directly:
(800) 877-4253 option 4
- If you prefer to temporarily revert back to linking on the database-level, please see this article (section: Use database-level (custom or default) URL only for all titles in this database).
If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records.
- Date Created: 1-Jul-2014
- Last Edited Date: 2-Jul-2014
- Old Article Number: 10977