- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the name of the NASA Astrophysics Data System databases?
Several NASA databases have had name changes.
As a result, on March 13, 2014, we will be changing the database names in the 360 KB knowledgebase to better reflect the name of these products, as shown in this table:
|Database ID||Before March 13, 2014||After March 13, 2014|
|RNP||NASA Astrophysics Data System Journals||SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System Journals|
|2SR||NASA Astrophysics Data System Proceedings||SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System Proceedings|
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after March 13, 2014.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Date Created: 20-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 28-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 10408