- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the name and URL of database Newsletter on Intellectual Freedom?
The provider American Library Association has changed the name of their journal Newsletter on Intellectual Freedom and has created a new website for the new publication.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name and URL in the Knowledgebase. The content of the database will be changed to reflect the journal's history by including the new and former titles, as well as both journals' URLs. The database ID (TT5) will remain the same.
This change will take effect on September 5, 2016:
Before September 5: Newsletter on Intellectual Freedom at URL http://journals.ala.org/nif/issue/archive
After September 5: Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy at URL http://journals.ala.org/jifp
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after September 5
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Date Created: 25-Aug-2016
- Last Edited Date: 25-Aug-2016
- Old Article Number: 14136