- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the name and URL linking syntax of database Thieme ElectronicBook Library?
The database Thieme ElectronicBook Library (database code RTO) from the provider Thieme is named incorrectly, and the provider has also changed the title-level linking syntax.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name and title-level linking syntax in the 360 KB knowledgebase. The content of the database, and the database ID (RTO), will remain the same.
These changes will take effect on July 30, 2014:
Before July 30, 2014: Thieme ElectronicBook Library (http://www.thieme.com/dyn/ebooklibrary/index.php)
After July 30, 2014: Thieme E-Library (https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ebooks/books)
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after July 30, 2014.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Make sure that either https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ebooks/books or *www.thieme-connect.de/products/ebooks/books is included in your proxy configuration before July 30, 2014.
- Date Created: 2-Jul-2014
- Last Edited Date: 2-Jul-2014
- Old Article Number: 10980