- Product: 360 Core Client Center
I accidentally deleted a very large library-specific holdings database. What can I do to retrieve it without having to start from the beginning?
To retrieve a deleted library-specific holdings database (also called library-managed holdings):
- In the Client Center, click the Data on Demand link under the Manage Your Data > Business Intelligence Tools section.
- If there is a recent report.csv file, you can select that, otherwise you will need to run a Data on Demand report to obtain a list of your entire holdings. Instructions are found here.
- From this list, you will be extracting just the library-specific holdings that were inadvertently deleted. You may have more than one CSV file, so you will have more than one list. Open the lists and sort the lists by the Resource column so you can capture all the titles of your library-specific holdings database.
- Copy the group and have that remain in your operating-system clipboard.
- Go back to the Client Center's Data Management section to create a new library-specific holdings container by selecting Create New Database. Name the container and click Save.
- You will be taken to a Database Details page. Click Upload Titles.
- In the upper-left side, click Download Template. Save the file to your computer's desktop.
- Open a blank spreadsheet workbook (in an application such as Excel) and from there open the template file saved on your desktop.
- You should get a Text Import Wizard. In Step 1 of 3, select data type Delimited. In Step 2 of 3, select Delimeter Tab. In Step 3 of 3, change Column data format to Text then click Finish.
- You will get a document with rows and columns. You will need to match your items in the clipboard with those columns. Place your mouse in the first blank row beneath the column headers and paste. You will be required to copy and/or cut columns to match (Title with Title, ISSN with ISSN, etc.) before saving the file.
- Once completed, return to the Client Center and Upload the file. You should get an email notification whether the file succeeded or failed. You can also monitor the View Upload Status link on the Database Details page.
Other documents that may help you:
If you encounter any problems during this process, please contact us by selecting the Contact Us tab near the top of this page, or call us at the phone number at the very top of the page.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 20-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7143