- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
* Under certain conditions, the auth/ref/note notations disappear when a record is processed through GHC.
This behavior is the result of Issue 16384-21281.
Fixed in Cataloging for 8.2.0.
If you are on Voyager 8.2.0 and experiencing this issue, please open a Support Incident via eService and request the fix for Issue 16384-21281. This fix requires a subsequent HEADINGS regen for full resolution.
1. In Cataloging, find an authority record. Conduct a headings search for a couple of records and note their auth/ref/note notations:
a. Staff Subject Headings Search : Agriculture
Staff Subject Headings Search Heading: Agriculture
Staff Subject Heading Search Heading: Food supply
2. Make changes to both authority records. For the sake of demonstration:
150 _0 $a Agriculture and stuff
150 _0 $a Food supply and stuff
3. Process these headings changes through GHC.
4. Search again:
Auth/Ref/Note (this is retained for this authority record)
Staff Subject Headings Search Heading: Agriculture and stuff
b. Food Supply:
Reference (Auth/Ref/Note is now Reference; however Authority button is still active)
Staff Subject Heading Search Heading: Food supply and stuff
5. Open the authority record for Food Supply and Stuff.
6. If you save the record to the database, it can be found again.
Workaround: Resave record or run HEADINGS regen.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013