- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local
PDS version included with Aleph 23, SP 23.0.03 and Aleph 22, SP 22.1.06 is not working and contains broken perl code for Shibboleth.
We use SAML based SSO (Shibboleth SP at ALEPH side and SimpleSAMLphp as IdP )
Apache error log contains lot of lines :
[Thu Aug 18 19:53:50 2016] [error] [client 126.96.36.199] Can't locate object method "TService_line_shib_charset" via package "params"
(perhaps you forgot to load "params"?) at /exlibris/aleph/a23_1/pds/service_proc/shib.pl line 147., referer: https://aleph.library.com/pds?func=l...4J617T-02835?f
Fixing error does not help to get PDS working, still resulting in an empty screen on web browser.
Download file shib.pl from the ftp server.
1) Backup existing file shib.pl in $pdsroot/service_proc
2) Download file shib.pl from ftp server:
- Go to $pdsroot/service_proc on your Aleph server
- Connect as user Outgoing to ftp.exl.de
- cd hotfix
- get shib.pl
Access details for ftp user Outgoing can be found in article FTP passwords for European customers
- Article last edited: 08-September-2016