- Product: Alma
How can bibliographic records linked to the Network Zone (NZ) be deleted from the Institution Zone (IZ)?
With a Network zone (NZ) topology, Institution zone (IZ) bibliographic records are linked to a "master" record in the NZ. When an institution no longer has inventory attached to a bibliographic record, it is desirable to delete that bibliographic record from appearing in the IZ.
To delete Network Zone (NZ) linked bibliographic records from the Institution Zone (IZ):
- From within the IZ, search for the bibliographic record
- Choose Edit to open record in the MD Editor.
- Copy the record to the IZ: File > Copy to Catalog
- Delete the record just created: File > Delete Record
This will delete the bibliographic record from the IZ, but retain the bibliographic record in the NZ. For more information see: Network-Managed Records in a Network Zone.
- Article last edited: 13-Mar-2020