- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
How to batch update/delete the Process Type for a set of items, or make the items available (in place)? This can help post-migration to remove the "Technical - Migration" Process Type, and for other cleanup projects. Otherwise, sites need to Scan-In each item individually.
Pending development, use this procedure:
Create a "Physical Items" set based on an advanced search
For example, add a condition where "Process Type" equals "Technical - Migration"
Run the job "Change Physical Items" on the set you create
Check the box on the 'Missing Status' row and select the 'Missing' status from the dropdown menu.
Run the "Change Physical Items" job again
This time, check the box on the 'Missing Status' row but leave the 'Missing Status' blank.
The items should now appear "In Place."
One library shared their solution:
1. Copied the MMSID into the Repository Search
2. Clicked the items link and found the item(s) barcode(s) and noted it down
3. Clicked the Summary tab of each item barcode and found the item PID and noted it down
4. Created an Excel spreadsheet with columns labeled "Barcode" and "Item PID", formatted the columns as "Text", and copied the item barcode and Item PID to each appropriate cell in each column (see attached Excel spreadsheet)
5. Clicked Admin > Manage Jobs and Sets > Manage Sets and clicked the "Add Set" button to create an itemized set with set content type, "Physical items" called "Items_not_in_place"
6. Clicked Admin > Manage Jobs and Sets > Run a Job and selected the "Change Physical Items" job
7. Ran the job against the "Items_not_in_place" set twice, first with the items set as "Missing" and second with the items set as blank
And it worked! The items now show "Item in place".
Bulk scan in can also be done use the "scan-in" API. See https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/blog/Performing-the-Alma-scan-in-API-on-a-file-of-barcodes
Last Modified: 15-MAY-2018