PO Line Types
PO Line type is determined by the PO Line format (Physical/Electronic/Generic/Digital) and continuity (One-Time/Continuous/Standing Order). Below is a list of PO Line types that can be configured in Alma (Configuration-> Acquisitions->(Purchase orders) PO Line types):
For more information see: Explanation of Purchase Types Workflow and Inventory.
|PO Line Types in Alma|
|Access Service - Subscription||Physical Computer File - Subscription||Physical Computer File - One Time|
|Database - Subscription (removed)||Physical - Archiving||Physical - Subscription|
|Database - One Time (removed)||Other Service - One Time||Physical - One Time|
|Database Service - One Time||Other Service - Subscription||Physical - Standing Order Monograph|
|Digital - Subscription||Mixed Material||Physical - Standing Order Non Monograph|
|Digital - Non Archiving||Microform||Print Book - One Time|
|Digital - One Time||Map||Print Book - Standing Order|
|Electronic Book - Subscription||Manuscript||Print Journal - Subscription|
|Electronic Book - One Time||License Upgrade||Print Journal - One Time|
|Electronic Book Package - Subscription (removed)||Electronic Title - One Time||Sound Recording|
|Electronic Book Package - One Time (removed)||Electronic Title - Subscription||License Upgrade|
|Electronic Book - Standing Order||Electronic Title - Standing Order||Remote Computer File - Subscription|
|Electronic Journal - Subscription||Electronic Collection - One Time||Electronic Title - Subscription|
|Electronic Journal - One Time||Electronic Collection - Subscription||Remote Computer File - One Time|
|Electronic Journal Package - Subscription (removed)||Electronic Journal Package - One Time (removed)||Musical Score|
PO Line Workflow Diagrams
PO Lines in Alma can have multiple steps from the point of creation until the item arrives or the electronic resource is activated. The status of a PO Line is determined by the PO Line's step in the workflow.
Possible PO Line Statuses for One-Time (OT) Orders:
Possible PO Line Statuses for Continuous (CO) Orders:
PO Line Statuses
Listed below are the available PO Line statuses:
- In Review – The initial status of a newly created PO Line. Remains in this status if:
- The operator/manager does not select Order Now or Edit > Save and Continue for the PO Line.
- Validation for the PO Line fails (for PO Lines created automatically via EOD/API)
- Criteria for configured Purchasing Review Rules have been met (see Configuring Purchasing Review Rules)
- Manual Packaging – The PO Line passed normalization, validation, and alert processing, and is ready to be manually packaged into a PO (see Packaging PO Lines into a PO)
- Auto Packaging – The PO Line passed normalization, validation, and alert processing, and is ready to be automatically packaged into a PO (see Packaging PO Lines into a PO)
- Ready – The PO Line was packed into a PO and is ready to be sent. For a PO to be sent to a vendor, all of its PO Lines must have a status of Ready.
- Sent – The PO in which the PO Line is packed was approved and sent to the vendor (see Approving and Sending POs). This status is relevant for both electronic and physical one-time PO Lines and for inactive electronic continuous PO Lines. For more information, see Approving and Sending POs.
- Waiting for Manual Renewal – The manual PO Line was fully processed and received/activated and its renewal date is the same as the current date, and is to be renewed manually (see Renewals). These PO Lines appear in the PO Lines to Review page. PO Lines with the status Recurring Renewal change to Waiting for Manual Renewal if they are marked for Manual Renew and the time to notify about the renewal arrives (this is configured as a certain number of days before the renewal date).
- Recurring Renewal – The PO Line was fully processed and received/activated and will be renewed automatically. Continuous physical PO Lines that are sent to the vendor have Recurring Renewal status even if the renewal is done manually but the renewal date has not yet arrived (see Renewals). Continuous electronic PO Lines receive this status once they are activated and the user selects Done in the task list.
- Waiting for Invoice – All of the PO Line's associated items were received and the PO Line is ready to be associated with an invoice (see Invoicing). One-time PO Lines that are not fully invoiced receive this status once they have been activated or received.
- Closed – The PO Line was closed (see Closing PO Lines)
- Under Evaluation – Indicates that the PO Line is under evaluation (a trial was requested or started; see Evaluations and Trials). PO Lines with this status can be edited only by a Trial Manager/Operator.
- Under Evaluation (Renewal) – The PO Line renewal is being evaluated and has not yet been decided. PO Lines with this status can be edited only by a Trial Manager/Operator.
- Deferred – The PO Line was set aside to be handled at a later date (see Deferrals).
This is a status given to the PO Line after a user proactively clicked on the Defer/Cancel/Save and Start Trial (only for Electronic PO Lines) action in the PO Line.
- Canceled – The PO Line was canceled (see Canceling PO Lines)
- Deleted – The PO Line is deleted from the system (see Deleting PO Lines). This status will not appear since the PO Line is deleted once the user selects to do so.
PO Line Available Actions
- Go to Task List – Opens the respective task list to which the PO Line is associated. The actions that can be performed on the PO Line depend on its status and the task list to which the PO Line belongs. Appears when the PO Line is associated with a task (that is, listed under the Tasks heading on the Alma home page).
For a PO Line linked to a trial, this link opens the Manage Trials page. For more information, see Managing Trials.
- View – View PO Line information on the PO Line Summary page (see Manually Creating a PO Line).
- Edit – Edit PO Line information on the PO Line Summary page (see Manually Creating a PO Line).
- Delete – Delete the PO Line from the system (see Deleting PO Lines).
- Change Bib Reference – Change the bibliographic reference of the PO Line. See Changing Bibliographic Reference.
- Close – Close the PO Line. See Closing PO Lines.
- Cancel – Cancel the PO Line. See Canceling PO Lines.
- Reopen – Reopen a closed or canceled PO Line. See Reopening a Closed or Canceled PO Line.
- Download EDI File – Download the PO as an EDI file for review. The EDI file is created ad hoc based on the current data of the order. (For this link to appear, the vendor must be configured as an EDI vendor and the POs check box must be selected.)
- Order in Claim List – Appears for PO Lines for which claims are generated and opens the Claim task list. Claims are created for PO Lines when an order does not arrive or become activated by the expected date. For information on claims, see Processing Claims.