The following roles can configure which additional charges are available to add to invoices:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
Out of the box, the special invoice lines Shipment, Insurance, Overhead, and Discount automatically appear for each new invoice, and you can enable additional lines of these types, as well as lines of type Other or Regular. See Additional Charges in Creating Invoices.
You can enable additional line types that can be added to invoices on the new Invoice Line Types code table (Configuration Menu > Acquisitions > Invoices > Invoice Line Types). This link appears only after enabling the customer parameter invoice_split_additional_charges (see Configuring Other Settings). For more information about code tables, see Code Tables.
- You can enable up to five additional line types.
- Each invoice can contain only up to five types of invoice lines.
Invoice Line Types Code Table
For more information, watch the Additional Invoice Charges video (2:36)
The lines that can be made available for invoices include:
- Additional Charges
- Adjustment - This line type is used when Expended for Fund is not selected for the invoice; see Creating an Invoice From a PO or Manually.
- Supply of approvals/book collections
- Barcode labelling
- General servicing by library bookseller
- Data communication
- Miscellaneous servicing
- Audio/CD-ROM packaging
- Security fitting
- Cataloguing services
- Exchange rate guarantee charge
- Handling charge
- Small order surcharge
- Insurance charge
- Posting charge
- Packing charge
- Postage and packing charge
- Special handling
- Miscellaneous credit adjustment
- Miscellaneous charge
After you enable a line type, you can add it as an invoice line to the invoice on the Add Invoice Line dialog box. Alternately, you can specify its value as a pro rata Additional Charge if you check Use Pro Rata in the Additional Charges area on the Summary tab of the Invoice Details page. For more information, see Creating Invoices.
Enabled line types can also be read from incoming EDI invoices. Any EDI additional charges that do not match enabled types are added to an invoice line Overhead.