Tab Background Color
|Dark Blue||The records currently displayed in the left navigation pane are from this tab.|
|Light Blue||The record being edited in the Editing pane, and its pane is currently in focus (when the Editing pane is in split mode).|
|Grey||The record being edited in the Editing pane, but its pane is currently not in focus (when the Editing pane is in split mode).|
|White||There are no opened records under this tab in the left navigation pane, and it is not currently selected to display in the left navigation pane.|
Switch to the Original Metadata Editor
- From your search results list, select these records and select Push Selected to MDE. This pushes these records to the Draft Records area of the Metadata Editor. See Pushing Records to Metadata Editor for more information.
- Show only Institution Zone records, show only Community Zone records, or show both
- Arrange the records in the list according to:
- Group by scope, such as group by Institution Zone or group by Community Zone
- Ascending/descending order by list entry time, according to the order in which the records were added to the draft records list
- Ascending/descending order by title
As multiple users may be adding and deleting records in the draft records list simultaneously, you may find it helpful to refresh the list of records on which you are working from time to time. Do this to see records assigned to you by another users, or to remove records that are being edited by other users if your lock on the record expired. (Your lock on the record expires after one hour during which the record was not used by you in the Metadata Editor.)
This can be done using the Refresh List icon.
Editor Split Mode
Collapse the Draft Records List
Load Community Draft Records
- To check if there are draft records in the Community Zone waiting to be edited, select the Load Community Zone Records button at the bottom of the navigation pane.
- Loading the records might take a few moments, at which time the button changes its text to Loading from Community Zone and is not clickable.
- Once records have been loaded:
- Records loaded from the Community Zone are displayed in the records list. The button changes to Auto-Loading from Community Zone and is not clickable.
- If there were no records to load (or after the last community record was released from the list), the button returns to its initial state Load Community Zone Records, enabling you to come back at a later time and try again.