The label of a representation is its precise description, which appears as part of the availability information. You can create a template that defines rules that can be used to auto-generate a label for partial representations. These representations are used when a bibliographic record is not fully represented by a single representation. For more information, see Editing Representation Metadata and Content.
In a Network Zone, you can centrally manage this template (see Managing Label Generation Rules Using a Network Zone).
To create representation label templates:
- From the Representation Label Template Rules page (Configuration Menu > Resources > General > Representation Label Templates), select Add Rule. The following appears:
Representation Label Template Setup Editor
- Enter a name and description for your template.
- In the Input Parameters section, select Add Parameter, select a name, operator, and value from the drop-down lists, and select Add Parameter.
Repeat this step as necessary.
- In the Output Parameters section, select fields and enter the prefixes and suffixes you want Alma to use to create the representation labels.
- Select Show template to see an example of how the label will appear.
- Select Save.
The template is available to create labels for partial representations.