To run the Merge Users option, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Manager - with the Merge Patrons privilege
- User Administrator - with the Merge Patrons privilege
You can set up a job to merge duplicate user records into another user record. The merge moves all fulfillment activities (loans, requests, fines/fees and interested users) to the new user and includes an option to decide which segments to merge (contacts, Identifiers, notes, blocks, demerits, statistics, attachments and proxy for). Select the Merge Users page (Admin > User Management > Merge Users).
Watch the Merge Duplicate Patron Records video (2:17 min).
- Select Add Job
- Select the From User and To User by typing the user name or by selecting from the pick list.
Merge Users Selection Window
- Select the desired segments in the Segments to be copied check boxes.
- Select Merge and Confirm. As the confirmation message states, the action is irreversible. Upon confirm, the Merge Users job runs.