You can schedule Alma Analytics reports and dashboards to run at specific times and have them emailed to subscribed users. You can also create links or widgets to reports and dashboards that can be accessed in Alma by users with specific roles. To do this, you add an Analytics object.
For information about creating reports and dashboards for Alma analytics, see Creating a New Report and Creating a Dashboard. For Primo VE environments, also see Primo VE Analytics.
You run reports and create access to them (add Analytics objects) on the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page for administrators (Configuration Menu > Analytics > Analytics Objects List or Analytics > Analytics Objects > Analytics Objects List).
Analytics Objects List
On this page, you can:
- Add an Analytics object (schedule a report/dashboard to run or create access to one in Alma) – See the procedure below.
- View an Analytics object – Select View in the row actions list.
- Edit an Analytics object – Select Edit in the row actions list.
- Duplicate an Analytics object – Select Duplicate in the row actions list.
- Delete an Analytics object – Select Delete in the row actions list.
- Preview an Analytics object – Select Preview in the row actions list. A Preview pane appears, displaying the report or dashboard. Select Open in a New Window to open a new window at the main Analytics page of the report/dashboard, or select Close to close the pane.
- Manage subscriptions to a scheduled Analytics object – See Subscribing to Scheduled Reports.
Only the first tab of a dashboard is exported when a scheduled dashboard is run.
For a video on enhancements to analytics scheduling options, see the Enhancements to Analytics Scheduling Options video (3:05 mins).
- On the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page for administrators, select Add New Analytics Object. The Analytics Configuration page appears.
Analytics Configuration PageIn Primo VE environments, you will have to select the Oracle BI database for which you want to create an analytics object:
- Fill in the following fields:
- Title (mandatory) – The title of the object to create.
- Analytic Folder (mandatory) – The folder of the report or dashboard.
Analytics objects of type Widget, Report and Scheduled report should be defined from the Analytics institutional directory and not from the Alma directory. If the desired Analytics report is in the Alma directory, copy the report to your institutional directory and define the Analytics object from there. For example, if your institution is named Alma University and you want to define the default out-of-the-box report Shared Folders/Alma/Acquisitions/Reports/Expenditure Per Acquisition Method as a widget, you should first copy it to a directory under Shared Folders/Alma University/ (such as Shared Folders/Alma University/Acquisitions). The report can be copied from one directory to another either by opening it in edit mode, selecting Save as, and saving it in the new directory, or by dragging it from one directory to another (while ensuring that it remains in the previous directory as well—for example, by pressing the CTRL key).
- Name (mandatory) – The name of the report or dashboard. The list of names comes from the folder you selected.
- Type (mandatory) – The object that you want to create.
- Dashboard – A link to view a dashboard in Analytics > Reports.
- Report – A link to view a report in Analytics > Reports.
- Scheduled Dashboard – A scheduled dashboard. If you select this, the Status and Schedule fields appear.
- Scheduled Report – A scheduled report. If you select this, the Format, Status, and Schedule fields appear.
- Widget – A widget for a report or dashboard. See Managing Widgets. This option is not supported in Primo VE Analytics.
- Format (scheduled report only, mandatory) – The format for the report: PDF, Excel, or Text.
- Status (mandatory) – Whether the schedule is Active or Inactive.
- Schedule (mandatory) – The time and period (daily, weekly or monthly) that you want the report or dashboard to be run. Scheduled reports and dashboards are run by the scheduled jobs Schedule of Analytics Reports and Dashboards. To run, the report must be enabled and scheduled here, and the job that runs reports at the selected time period must be enabled. Scheduled times are relative to your institution's time zone. When scheduled, the Email Notifications action appears.
- Select Email Notifications to configure who is notified when the job is complete. The Email Notifications for Scheduled Jobs appears. For more information, see Configuring Email Notifications for Scheduled Jobs.
Email notifications are sent for a scheduled time and not for each report or dashboard.
- Description – A description for the report or dashboard.
- (mandatory) You must have the roles required to subscribe to a scheduled report/dashboard or to view the link or widget of a report/dashboard: Select Add Role, select the roles that can subscribe or access the link or widget, and select Add Role. To remove a role, select Delete in the row actions list. Users must have at least one of the roles defined for the object to subscribe to or view the object.
- Select Save.
All users with the relevant roles can add the widgets to their home page (see Managing Widgets) or view the reports/dashboards in the Analytics > Reports menu. Scheduled reports/dashboards do not appear as links or widgets, but all users with the relevant roles may subscribe to them; see Subscribing to Scheduled Reports.
The Analytics Configuration and Subscription page (Analytics > Analytics > Subscribe to Analytics) allows staff users with a permitted role to subscribe to scheduled dashboards and reports themselves. Subscribers receive the Analytics Letter (code: AnalyticsLetter) when the report/dashboard runs. To configure the letter, see Configuring Alma Letters.
An administrator can use the Manage Subscription page to add subscriptions for users, regardless of their role. For more information, see Managing Subscriptions to Scheduled Reports and Dashboards.
To subscribe to a scheduled report or dashboard:
- Open the Analytics and Subscription page (Analytics > Analytics > Subscribe to Analytics).
- Enable the slider in the Subscribe column in the row of the report/dashboard to which you want to subscribe.
Managing Subscriptions to Scheduled Reports and Dashboards
The Manage Subscription page allows administrators to add and delete subscriptions to scheduled reports/dashboards.
To manage subscriptions to a scheduled report or dashboard:
- Open the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page (Configuration Menu > Analytics > Analytics Objects List or Analytics > Analytics Objects > Analytics Objects List).
- Select Manage Subscription in the row actions list for the scheduled report/dashboard that you want to modify. The Manage Subscriptions page opens.
Manage Subscriptions Page
- On the Manage Subscription page, you can perform the following actions:
- Delete user: Select Delete in the row actions list.
- Add user:
- Select Add Row. The Add Row pane appears.
Add Row Pane
- To add an Alma user, enter or select a user name in the User field. See Searching in Alma. To add a non-Alma user, enter a valid email address in the Preferred Email field.
- Select Add and Close to add the subscriber.
- Select Save in the Manage Subscription page to save your changes.
- Select Add Row. The Add Row pane appears.