To configure a resolver proxy profile, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
To enable off-campus users to access full text services at different vendor sites, you must define a proxy server, which is used to authenticate these users.
The Alma Link Resolver responds to an incoming OpenURL and changes it to an electronic link by automatically including additional proxy information in the resolved URL. Some institutions use a single proxy server, in which case one proxy profile should be defined. If an institution uses several proxy servers, a proxy profile should be defined for each proxy server. You must then define the relevant proxy for each electronic collection, service, or portfolio. See the following for additional proxy information:
- Linking Information Tab Options – describes the Linking Information tab options of the Electronic Service Editor
- Electronic Collection Editor Tabs and Fields – describes the Additional Information tab options of the Electronic Collection Editor
- Electronic Portfolio Editor Page – describes the Linking Information tab options of the Electronic Portfolio Editor
The following table presents a description of the relationships between the proxy-enabled setting for electronic collections, services, and portfolios. Portfolios inherit the proxy-enabled setting from the service-level, proxy-enabled setting to which they are attached. As a result, you do not need to set a portfolio-level, proxy-enabled setting unless you want it to be something different from the service-level setting (in which case, you would leave the Proxy selected field on the service level blank). The electronic collection proxy-enabled settings are not inherited by portfolios.
|Proxy Enabled for Electronic Collection Level||Proxy Enabled for Service Level||Proxy Enabled for Portfolio Level||Proxy Enabled Setting Results|
|N||N||N||Redirected to resource|
|N||N||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
|N||Y||N||Redirected to proxy login
Portfolio inherits service setting
The electronic collection does not inherit proxy settings from the service or portfolios. If a proxy profile is selected on the service level, portfolios inherit the proxy setting from the service level. To set the proxy for the portfolio level, leave the Proxy selected field of the service-level setting blank.
|Y||N||N||Redirected to the resource
The Electronic Collection proxy is not inherited by the service or portfolio level
|Y||N||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
|Y||Y||N||Redirected to proxy login
Portfolio inherits the service setting
|Y||Y||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
- On the Integration Profile List page (Configuration Menu > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The first page of the integration profile wizard appears.
- Select Resolver Proxy for Integration Type.
- Enter a name (Code) for the profile you are defining and, optionally, enter a description.
- Select Default if you want the profile you are defining to be the default proxy definition profile. (If you previously defined another profile as the default profile, clear the Default selection in the other profile before selecting Default in this profile). If the proxy is set as the default, and Actions (see below) is set to Always, then this proxy is used for resolving any resource, even resources that do not have ProxyEnabled=Yes.
- Click Next. The second page of the wizard appears.
Resolver Proxy Integration Profile – Step 2 (Proxy Definitions)
Select the type of proxy server that you want to configure for this profile. The following options are available:
Biblio-Pam – This server proxy uses the following URL structure:https://<Biblio-PAM URL>/http/<shortened target URL>https://<Biblio-PAM URL>/https/<shortened target URL>The <Biblio-PAM URL> portion of the structure is the vendor-provided URL from Biblio-PAM.The <shortened target URL> is the target URL without the http:// or https://.
OpenAthens Redirector – This server proxy uses the following URL structure:https://<OpenAthens Redirector URL>?url=<encoded target URL>The <OpenAthens Redirector URL> portion of the structure is the vendor-provided URL from OpenAthens.The <encoded target URL> is the target URL in its encoded form.
- Enter the full proxy URL as provided by the vendor (including http:// or https://) and the proxy IP address.
- Select one of the following values for Use Proxy:
- Always – The proxy is used for any resolving.
If this proxy is selected as default, it is used for any resolving, even for resources (services, collections, or portfolios) with EnableProxy=No.If this proxy is not selected as default, it is used for resources where EnableProxy=Yes and this proxy is selected.This configuration overrides the configuration in the Network Zone.
- Never – This proxy is never used for resolving, even if it is enabled and selected for a particular resource.
- Selective – This proxy is used for resources where EnableProxy=Yes and this proxy is selected (this is equivalent to selecting Always for a non-default proxy).
Even if this proxy is selected as the default, it must be added to the resource explicitly.
- Always – The proxy is used for any resolving.
- Click Save. The profile is saved.