Terminology and Data Model
- Digital Inventory Operator – required for adding and editing digital representations
- Digital Inventory Operator Extended – required for delete operations
- Collection Inventory Operator – required when adding a new digital representation
- Deposit Manager
- Deposit Operator
- Deposit Operator Extended
- General System Administrator
- Bibliographic record – The top level consists of the bibliographic record, which contains the metadata of the resource. (This is also true for physical and electronic resources.)
- Representation – The middle level is the representation level. This level acts as a container for the digital files. Multiple representations can be attached to the bibliographic record. One representation can be the master copy and another a derivative copy, which can differ in format, resolution, and size.
- File – The third level is the file level—that is, the digital files of the resource. There can be several files in each representation.
- Remotely – Alma allows you to store your digital files remotely in a digital management system system while maintaining the bibliographic records in Alma.
- Non-Remotely – You maintain all of the digital resource information in Alma, such as bibliographic records, representations, and files.
Creation of Digital Resources
If a new digital representation is produced for a title, you must add the representation to the title in Alma so that it can be viewed by patrons. The digital representation can reside locally in Alma or in a remote digital repository.
- Configuring a digital import profile that tells Alma how to handle digital resources when you perform a bulk upload into Alma. For detailed information, see Managing Import Profiles.
- Preparing a metadata file of the bibliographic records that the import profile uses when importing the files. For detailed information, see Preparing the XML Metadata File or Preparing the CSV Metadata File.
- Uploading the files with their metadata to Alma using the Digital Uploader. For detailed information, see Uploading the Files to Alma.
Management of Digital Resources
Dissemination of Digital Resources
For Primo VE, see Configuring Discovery Interface Display Logic for Primo VE.
It is not necessary to run a publishing job to export bibliographic records for Primo VE