This guide describes general administration tasks that affect all areas of Alms, including user management and configuration, general configuration options, and managing jobs. This guide contains the following sections:
- Overview of User Management in Alma – This section provides an overview of the way in which users are created and managed in Alma. For a detailed explanation, see Overview of User Management in Alma.
- User Management – This section governs user information that is managed by an authorized operator. User management includes the management of both public, staff, and contact users. For a detailed explanation, see User Management.
- User Configuration – This section describes configuration management activities. For a detailed explanation, see Configuring User Management.
- General Configuration – This section describes Administration configuration activities. For a detailed explanation, see Configuring General Alma Functions.
- Advanced Toots – This section describes how to use the Healthcheck Tool.
- Alma Jobs - This section provides an overview of jobs and sets in Alma and describes how to create, run, and monitor them. For a detailed explanation, see Managing Jobs and Sets.
Additional administration tasks that are relevant to specific sections of Alma are presented in other sections, including:
- The sandbox environment: Alma Sandbox Environments
- Resources management: Configuring Resources Management
- Fulfillment: Configuring Fulfillment
- Acquisitions: Configuring Acquisitions
- Integrating with external systems: Acquisitions, Resources Management, Fulfillment, User Management, General, and bX
- Integrating with Primo
- Managing Multiple Institutions using a Network Zone