To configure user ID generation, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can automatically generate user identifiers for new patrons added by clicking Register New User on the Patron Identification page (see Registering Patrons). IDs are not generated when adding users from the Manage Users page (see Adding Users). To see the list of user identifiers, see Viewing User Identifiers. The identifiers appear on the User Identifiers tab of the user, see Managing User Identifiers.
You configure user ID generation on the User ID Generation page (Administration > User Management Configuration > Configuration Menu > User Management > General > User ID Generation).
User ID Generation
To configure user ID generation:
- Select an identifier type. The options that appear in this list are configured by Ex Libris.
- If your user ID requires a prefix, enter it in the Prefix field.
- Click Set next sequence value. Enter the starting sequence value in the dialog box and click Save.
- Verify your settings and click Save.
To turn off the automatic user ID generation that you defined, select the identifier type, leave the Prefix field blank, and click Save.