You can both import and continuously update Elsevier electronic holdings by automatically retrieving the institution-specific holdings using an integration profile. For more information, see Setting Up Continuous Update for Elsevier Portfolios Using an Integration Profile.
To configure automatic uploading of electronic holdings for Elsevier:
- Obtain an institution token from Elsevier. You can create an Elsevier token using the Elsevier admin tool. For more information, contact the Elsevier helpdesk for assistance.
- Confirm that the Elsevier collections for which you are updating holdings are active collections in Alma.
- On the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles) click Add Integration Profile to open the External System wizard for configuring an integration profile.
Configuring Upload Electronic Holdings Integration Profile, Part 1
- In the Integration type field, select Upload Electronic Holdings. The other fields on the page change to reflect your selection.
- In the Vendor field, select ELSEVIER.
- Add a description (optional) and click Next. The second page of the wizard appears.
Configuring Upload Electronic Holdings Integration Profile, Part 2
- Select Active to activate the profile.
- In the Institution token ID field, enter the institution token you obtained in step 1.
- Select the file format.
Select a scheduling option to have this integration profile run automatically. Optionally, you may choose to run the integration profile manually by clicking Run Now.After you save this profile, you can edit the profile and click Run Now on the Actions tab to run the job manually.
Click Save. The integration profile is scheduled and appears in the list of scheduled jobs (see Viewing All Scheduled Jobs).