To monitor an import job, see below for the required role.
For more information about record import, see Record Import. For information about import profile types, see Import Profile Types.
You can monitor an import job as it runs and view information about the job after it finishes. For information on running the job, see Importing Records Using an Import Profile.
You monitor import jobs on any of the following pages:
Acquisitions > Import > Monitor and View Imports
The Monitor and View Imports page.
|New Import (embedded order data (EOD)), Update Inventory||Purchasing Operator/Manager|
Resource Management > Import > Monitor and View Imports
The Monitor and View Imports page.
|Repository, Authority, Initial Authority, Digital||Catalog Manager/Administrator, Repository Administrator|
Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > Record Import > Import Profiles
Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Purchase Orders > Import Profiles
Select Actions > Job History in a profile line to view the Job History page with the job history of that profile, or click the Monitor Imports link.
|All (if you select Actions > Job History in a profile line, you monitor only that profile)||Catalog Administrator|
Administration > Manage Jobs > Monitor Jobs
|General System Administrator|
The Monitor and View Imports page lists all import jobs of the relevant type. The Job History page lists all jobs run using a specific profile and includes a short section with the profiles details at the top of the page.
Monitor and View Imports Page
The information shown on these pages is largely self-explanatory.
- Job ID - Click to view file details (see Viewing File Details).
- Status - One of the following:
- Pending – The import job is waiting to run
- Initializing – The import job is starting to run
- Running – The import job is running
- Finalizing – The import job is nearly complete
- Completed Successfully –The import job completed successfully
- Completed with Errors –The import job completed, but errors occurred while running
- Completed with No Bulks – The import job completed, but no files were found to process
- Manual Handling Required – There is a problem with the import job that requires manual handling; click to open the relevant import issues page (see Resolving Import Issues).
- User - The user who ran the job
- Time Started
- Time Ended
- Files Processed - A progress bar indicating the percentage of the file that has been processed. Click the three dots to view a popup with more information.
Job History Page - More Information Popup
- Actions menu - Depending on the job's status, you can view:
Viewing an Import Profile Job Report
(Import Profile) Job Report Page
The (Import Profile) Job Report page provides summary information for an import job:
- Records processed, imported, and deleted
- PO lines processed and imported
- Physical items and electronic portfolios processed and imported
The Total electronic portfolios imported count does not take into account the portfolios imported in the first file that is imported when the import is split into several files.
The report includes information organized into collapsible headings.
New Job Report Format and Content
Click the plus sign (+) to expand the sections. The following is an example of the expanded Bibliographic Record Matches section.
Expanded Bibliographic Record Matches Section
If during the import process you manually intervene to resolve a matching issue that results in more than a single match remaining, the other additional matching records that are automatically handled are not counted in the total number that appears in the Count column for one or more of the following rows because manual intervention was involved.
- Multi-matches resolved automatically
- Multi-matches resolved automatically, Disregard CZ records
- Multi-matches resolved automatically, Disregard invalid/canceled system
- Multi-matches resolved automatically, Prefer record with the same inventory type
In addition, you can view bibliographic records related to a result, create an itemized set for a row of results, or download sources as XML or binary files.
To preview records, create a set from the results, or download the results as XML or binary files, find the row containing the records you want to work on and select Actions (and see the procedures below).
If Alma identifies more than 150 matches for a record being imported, it does not import that record and marks it as a multimatch in the import report for manual handling.
Greater Than 150 Bibliographic Record Matches
Bibliographic Records Not Imported
The Records Not Imported file can contain up to 1000 files.
If records were skipped, see Resolving Import Issues for information on how to resolve this.
To preview the records from a row of the results:
- Select Actions > Preview records for the row containing the information you want to preview.
Alma displays a list of bibliographic records to which the row refers.Actions > Preview Merged Records on Repository Search Page
- From the Repository Search page, perform any actions available to the item and to your role.
To create a set of records from an import job report:
- From the new report, find the line containing the items you want to include in the set (for example, merged records in Actions > Preview Merged Records on Repository Search Page).
- Select Actions > Create itemized title set.
The Set Details page appears. The default name for the set appends the date and time to the name of the job.
- Complete the fields as you would for any itemized set (see Creating Itemized Sets), then click Submit.
- Click through the confirmation dialog box for the new set.
The confirmation dialog box closes and Alma returns you to the Report page, where a message informs you that the job was submitted. The set is created in Alma and can be used immediately.
To download an XML or binary file:
From the report page, select Actions > Download sources (XML) or Actions > Download sources (binary) for the row containing the source file you want to view and/or edit. The source downloads as a compressed file. To view or edit, unzip the file and open it in an XML or plain text editor or the program you use to work with binary files.
Expand the Records Not Imported section of the Job Report page to view the report information related to the records prevented from overlaying or merging when a match was found during an import that utilized the Consider Originating System or Ignore Originating System options for the Do not override/merge record with an older version parameter in the import profile (refer to the description of Do not override/merge record with an older version in Creating/Editing an Import Profile - Set Management Tags for more information).
Report of Records Not Imported Due to Version Prevention
The Records with newer version in repository row shows the number of records that were not overlaid or merged as a result of the prevent option being selected in the import profile.
The Total records matched and skipped row includes as part of that number the records counted in the Records with newer version in repository row.
Using the Actions options, you can download an XML or binary file of the records identified in the report.
Import (Profile) Job Details Page
The Import (Profile) Job Details page displays details of the import job, including its status, the times at which the job run started and ended, the number of processed files, and the number of files rejected. Use the Back link to return to the Monitor and View Imports or Job History page.
The page also displays details of each file included in the import job, including the file's size, creation date, the number of records it includes, its import status, and details of any problems that occurred during the import.
When available, you can download the file to view it or to make corrections so as to reupload it.
You can download records (up to 5000) that were not imported due to matching errors (see Resolving Matching Issues).
To view file details and/or download unimported records (up to 5000):
- To download a specific file, select Actions > Download unimported records.
The Opening Failed Records dialog box appears.Opening Failed Records Dialog BoxOpen the file that is created or save it in the default downloads folder on your local computer.
- Click OK.
The file is opened or downloaded to your local drive.The following is a partial example of a file that contains an unimported record.
- Edit the file to correct the invalid records and then re-import the file, as described in Importing Records Using an Import Profile.
Viewing Import Job Events
The (Import Profile) Events Report page displays the following information for each event generated when the import was run:
- Event Description
- Event Date
Use the Back link to return to the Monitor and View Imports or Job History page.
Events Report Page (Import Job)
Viewing Imported Records
The imported records are viewed on the Repository Search page, filtered by the import job ID (see Using the Alma Repository Search). Use the Back link to return to the Monitor and View Imports or Job History page.
Viewing PO Lines Associated With an Import Job
Search for PO Line Page
The PO lines created by the import are viewed on the Search for PO Line page, filtered by the import job ID (see Searching for PO Lines). Use the Back link to return to the Monitor and View Imports or Job History page.