To defer PO lines, you must have the following role:
- Purchasing Operator
PO lines on the Purchase Order Lines in Review page and PO lines that have been packaged but not yet approved can be deferred (see Deferring PO Line Workflow).
PO lines can be deferred only after the PO Line – Deferred monitor job has run. (The process must be marked as Active on the Monitor Jobs page – see Viewing All Scheduled Jobs)
To defer a PO line:
- On the Purchase Order Lines in Review page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Review), or on the PO Lines tab of the Purchase Orders in Review page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order > Review; edit a PO and select the PO Lines tab), click Actions > Defer in the row actions list for the PO line. The Deferring PO Line dialog box opens.
Deferring PO Line Dialog Box
- The above example appears when deferring a PO line on the Purchase Orders in Review page. When deferring a PO line on the other pages, the warning above the Deferral reminder field is not displayed.
- In this example, the PO contains only one PO line. You therefore receive a warning that the PO will be canceled if the PO line is deferred. If the PO contains more than one PO line, this warning does not appear, and the PO is not canceled. In this latter case, the PO can still be approved with its remaining PO lines.
- Select a date in the Deferral reminder field.
- Select a Reason for the deferral. Reasons are predefined by an administrator (see Configuring PO Line Deferral Reasons).
- Optionally, enter a Note.
- Click Defer. The PO line is deferred and moves to the Review Deferred page (see Reviewing Deferred PO Lines). If this is the only PO line in the PO, the PO is canceled and is removed from the Purchase Orders in Review page.
There is a daily job that runs and checks the deferral date against the current date. If the two dates are the same, an alert is generated and appears in the Alert facet on the Review Deferred page. At the same time, a reminder that the deferral date has arrived appears in the deferred PO lines task list. The reminder appears in the Dashboard task list only on the Deferral reminder date. After that date, the PO line appears on the Review Deferred page with the task label Deferred PO lines waiting for your handling until one of the following is done:
- The PO line is reactivated or canceled.
- The deferral reminder date is changed to a future date.
When a PO line is deferred, it moves to the Review Deferred page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Review Deferred), where it remains until it is either reactivated or canceled. The Review Deferred page displays deferred PO lines on the Assigned to Me, Unassigned, and Assigned to Others tabs. For more information about these tabs, see Assigned to Me, Unassigned, Assigned to Others TabsAssigned to Me, Unassigned, Assigned to Others Tabs.
Review Deferred Page
You can view this page with the Assigned to Me tab pre-selected by clicking the task Order Lines - deferred - assigned to you in the Tasks List (see Tasks in the Task ListTasks in the Task List).
Depending on the nature of the deferred PO line, you can perform the actions described in the following sections:
You can edit a deferred PO line that is displayed in the Assigned to Me tab or Unassigned tab, if you have the appropriate permissions.
If you edit a PO line in the Unassigned tab, the PO line becomes assigned to you.
To edit deferred PO lines:
- On the Review Deferred page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Review Deferred), click the Edit in the row actions list for the PO line that you want to edit. The PO Line Summary page appears.
Purchase Order Line Details - Summary Tab
- Edit the PO line information as described in Editing PO Line Information. The following additional fields, not described in the above section, can also be edited.
Deferred PO Lines - Summary Tab Fields Section Field Description PO Line details Deferral reminder Select a new date.You cannot delete the Deferral reminder date. To remove this date, reactivate the PO line (see Reactivating Deferred PO Lines below). Deferring reason Select a reason for the deferral. Reasons are predefined by an administrator (see Configuring PO Line Deferral Reasons).
- Select Save from the Go drop-down list, and click Go. The deferred PO line is saved.
Reactivating a deferred PO line means that you remove the deferral from the PO line, normalize and validate it, and move it back into the stage of the purchasing workflow that it had reached before deferral.
To reactivate a deferred PO line:
On the Review Deferred page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Review Deferred), click the Reactivate in the row actions list for the PO line that you want to reactivate and click Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.
The PO line is normalized and validated and moved back into the stage of the purchasing workflow that it had reached before deferral. If the PO line is complete, it moves to the packaging stage of the workflow.
A PO line that is ordered using Order now passes through the normalization and validation stage of the workflow and proceeds to the packaging stage, where the deferred PO line is packaged into a PO.
To package a deferred PO line into a PO:
On the Review Deferred page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Review Deferred), click the Order Now in the row actions list for the PO line for which you want to place an order and click Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.
The PO line is normalized and validated. If normalization and validation succeed, the PO line moves to the packaging stage of the workflow. If normalization and validation does not succeed, the PO line is sent for review to be corrected. You receive a message (Order Now Letter) after the order is sent for processing. For information on the Order Now Letter, see Configuring Alma Letters.
For details on the packaging stage of the workflow, see Packaging PO Lines into a PO.
See Relinking PO Lines.
See Canceling PO Lines.