What are the licensing requirements for managing digital resources in Alma?
Managing Digital Resources in Alma – License Requirements
Alma supports various workflows related to the management of digital resources, either born digital or digitized. When a library chooses to manage their digital resources in Alma (either the metadata only or together with the object itself) as part of their permanent collection, this will require a full subscription of Alma (Print, Electronic, and Digital).
The workflows below result in the creation of digital resources in Alma, and as such require a subscription to manage them in Alma (in addition to the existing Print and Electronic subscription):
- Add Representation – One by one addition of digital resources by staff
- Digital Uploader – Supports the bulk upload of digital resources by staff
- Digitization – Physical resources are scanned and the digital resources are added to the repository
- End user deposit of digital resources
- API based creation of digital resources
- Harvesting of metadata from a remote digital asset management system
The following workflows do NOT require the creation of digital resources in Alma, and do not require a subscription to manage them in Alma:
NOTE: the above workflows do not create descriptive metadata or digital resources in Alma