Fund Information Added to Physical Items
The Fund Information dimension was added to the Physical Items subject area. This dimension allows a user to report on fund information together with physical item information. Previously, this information was exclusively in either the Physical Items subject area or the Funds Expenditure subject area. The Receiving Date field from the Physical Item Details folder can now be used together with library, location, and fund information to create reports combining receiving date and fund (previously fund information could not be combined with the Physical Item Details folder).
This new development enables you to answer the following business question: What is the cost per use for physical inventory? Some applications of this question are the following:
- What is the number of physical items purchased with specific funds during the past year?
- What is the number of loans by fund that purchased the loaned item?
- What is the average number of loans per physical item for physical items purchased in the past year with specific funds?
- Which funds used to purchase items in the last year had the lowest rate of circulation for those items?
- How much money was expended on items acquired in a given fiscal year that have not circulated within X number of years, with a breakdown by fund, call number, and location?
The Fund Information dimension contains the following folders:
- Fund Instructions (Tooltip) - A tooltip that explains how to use the Fund Information dimension
- Fund Measures
- Fund Amount - When an item is retrieved, this is the amount that came out of the specific fund for the specific item. It is a transaction of type Expenditure.
- Num of Items per Fund - When a specific fund is retrieved, this is the number of items ordered from that fund. (One item can be for multiple funds.)
- Num of Loans per Fund - When a specific fund is retrieved, this is the number of loans for items ordered from that fund. (Since one item can be for multiple funds, one loan can also be from multiple funds.)
- % from Funds - When a specific fund is retrieved, this is the percentage of the price of the item that came from that fund. If there is one fund, it will be 100%. If the item cost is 100 USD and fund A spent 30 USD on it and fund B spent 70 USD on it, the % from Funds is 30% for fund A and 70% for fund B.
- PO Line Type, Fund Ledger, Fund Fiscal Period - For more information, see the Funds Expenditure subject area.
Attribute fields (gray fields) from all dimensions can be used together with measures and attributes from the Fund Information dimension; however, measure fields (yellow fields) from the Physical Item Details dimension should not be used together with measure fields (yellow fields) or attribute fields (gray fields) from the Fund Information dimension. If you do this, you receive incorrect results.
The following is a sample report of the number of loans by fund that purchased the loaned item in the past fiscal year:
Number of Loans by Fund that Purchased the Loaned Item in the Past Fiscal Year
The following is a sample report of the percentage of loans from the total of number of items purchased per fund in the past fiscal year:
Percentage of Loans from the Total of Number of Items Purchased per Fund in the Past Fiscal Year
For more information and examples, see Analytics - Overview of the Addition of the Fund Information into the Physical Items Subject Area.
Receiving Date (Latest in POL) Added to PO Line
The Receiving Date (Latest in POL) field has been added to the PO Line dimension of the Physical Items and Funds Expenditure subject areas. This field allows you to retrieve the latest receiving date for an item in a PO line, which is useful, since a PO line can have several items and each of the items may have a different receiving date.
Receiving Date (Latest in POL)
The following is an example of a report using the Receiving Date (Latest in POL) field:
Receiving Date (Latest in POL) Report