Frequently Asked Questions
2017 Course Calendar
About the Course:
This 4-week online training program consists of Expert level configuration sessions, which prepare you as a system librarian to respond to Alma library configuration requests. The program runs on a monthly basis, and will conclude with a final certification exam. Participants of this program will become Certified Alma Administrators.
As a Certified Alma Administrator, you will be able to:
- • Understand configuration options and make informed decisions related to library workflows, during and after the implementation
- • Be able to fully configure Alma and make changes in the live environment
- • Serve as the focal point to Alma Support in Ex Libris, for configuration cases
This program is intended for:
- • Administrators and system librarians
- • Optional: decision-makers and functional experts
Prior Knowledge Needed:
- • Basic familiarity with the content presented in the Alma Essentials sessions, exploring how to work with Alma. Feel free to view relevant sessions before proceeding.
- • Optional: Implementation Tutorials, a course exploring the various stages and the basic concepts of configuring Alma to suit the needs of your institution.
What can you expect during the course?
- • 6-8 hours a week of your time. Half of it for viewing recorded sessions, and half for hands-on exercises and practice in your Alma sandbox environment
- • Over 20 Web-based recording sessions - each session consists of presentation, demonstration, and knowledge review
- • 4 interactive self-paced quizzes for practice and review
- • Certification Exam to be taken online in the Learning Center
Practice and exercise:
The training sessions are presented from a live sandbox environment, configured almost identically to your own sandbox. You can pause the recording and use your Alma sandbox environment to practice and check that you can perform the actions presented in the session.
Is there an exam?
- • Yes. At the end of the course, the exam is taken online in the Learning Center, during a 5-day window of opportunity
- • It’s 90 minutes long, consisting of 36 questions
- • 2 attempts are allowed, with a 24-hour interval between them
- • Exam questions are based on the material recorded in the training sessions and do not make reference to subsequent changes in Alma.
Communication: During the course, you will receive the following email notifications:
- • A welcome message confirming your registration, up to a week before the course starts
- • A link to the recorded Alma Administrator Certification Program Orientation webinar
- • Exam instructions - one week before the scheduled date, and on exam opening date
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.