- Product: Not Product Specific
- Product Version: N/A
- Relevant for Installation Type: N/A
Creating an HAR (HTTP archive format) file
In many cases, an HAR file can assist us in analyzing and troubleshooting various issues.
An HAR file is a recording of the network session.
Sometimes, an HAR file can contain personal credentials, below, you can find instructions on how to erase them from the file.
Creating the HAR file:
You can find an instructions of how to record your HTTP session in the common browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer/Edge) here:
Erasing personal credentials from the HAR file:
Please follow the next procedure:
- Open the HAR file with a notepad (notepad++ is a great choice)
- Search for the word "username"/"password"
- Locate your username/password
- Replace it with "****" or something that implies you changed it (like "confidential", "MyBusiness", "my_password" etc.)
Please notice that there might be appearances of "username"/"password" without the actual username/password besides them.
Usually, the real location of the username + password looks like this:
- Click "save"
Now, your HAR file is ready for sending without exposing your personal credentials.
- Article last edited: 30-August-2018