- Product: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What kind of information should be provided when opening a Support case?
What information will help Support find a resolution more quickly?
Your case Subject should include a brief but informative description of the problem.
Your case Description should include:
- Description of problem behavior (include expected behavior vs actual behavior) or question
- Scope (who is affected), impact (severity) and urgency (timeline for resolution/deadlines) related to the problem
- Conditions and steps for replication:
- Does the problem happen all the time? Is it random, or does it appear under set of conditions?
- Does it impact all operators or patrons? Specific operators or patrons?
- What steps can the analyst use to replicate?
- Are there login credentials the analyst will need to replicate the issue?
- Specific messages or errors that display (screenshots or exact text of message)
- Other details or important items for Support to be aware of, such as recent changes that may be related, troubleshooting steps already taken, etc.
It is optional, but we recommend selecting a Category and Sub-Category from the drop-down menu in the case creation form to specify what functionality is affected.
For more details on using the Support Portal to open Cases, see the Support Portal User Guide.
- Article last edited: 30-Nov-2017