Configuring the Asset Display in the Viewer
When you view asset files in the viewer, the asset metadata such as title, type, author/creator, license, publisher, copyright statement, academic unit, keywords, local fields, and so forth appears in the right pane.
Using the Asset Display in Viewer (Configuration > Research > Asset Display > Asset Display in Viewer) configuration option, you can customize which metadata fields and which metadata labels appear for the metadata in the Descriptive Information pane of the Viewer.
- Go to the Asset Display in Viewer configuration option (Configuration > Research > Asset Display > Asset Display in Viewer).
Customize the following label characteristics for the Descriptive Information pane:
- Enabled – Slide the enabled button to the left or right to make the label settings enabled or disabled. When you make them disabled, the labels and their data do not appear in the Descriptive Information pane.
- Position – Use the Move Up and Move Down arrows to position the rows of labels/data in the order that you prefer to see them appear in the Descriptive Information pane.
Description – For each piece of data that appears in the Descriptive Information pane, you can customize the label that precedes it.Asset Display in Viewer ConfigurationNote that the field labels for the local fields (local_field_1, local_field_2, local_field_3, local_field_4, and local_field_5) come from the local fields configuration (Configuration > Research > Asset Details > Local Field Names). See Configuring Local Asset Fields for more information.
- Default – Select the radio button for the default value.
- When you are finished customizing the label appearance for the Descriptive Information pane, select Save.
Configuring the Display Setting
Repository managers can set the format of dates displayed in the Research Portal (Configuration Menu > Research > Institution Settings > Other Setting).
- In Alma, navigate to Configuration Menu > Research > Institution Settings > Other Settings.
- In the esploro_date_format row in the Parameter Value cell, click Customize and type a date format. The information in the Description column describes the correct way to format dates.
- Click Save.
Esploro Date Format