Institutions can create dedicated forms for asset deposits by students. Students can access these forms by a dedicated URL. For a video showing how to customize student deposit forms see here. For general information on depositing research assets see here.
Accessing the Student Deposit Profiles Configuration Page
You can access the Student Deposits Profiles Configuration page by navigating to Configuration > Repository > Manage Student deposit profiles. Out of the box, the Undergraduate ETD Submissions profile displays.
Adding Student Deposit Profiles
- Select Add New Profile.
- Add the profile details.
- The Profile name is mandatory and appears as the title displayed at the top of the form.
- The Profile code is mandatory and is used for creating the url. It should It should be a string with no spaces and no special characters such as ?, _, etc.
- The Profile description is internal and is not displayed on the form.
- When selecting Asset Type the Fields for Forms section displays.
By default the Title field appears for the asset title. Since a title is mandatory for every asset, this field is not open to configuration by the admin - it will always appear on the form.
You can add new fields by selecting Add Row.
The list of fields in the Field drop down list depend on the asset type that was selected.
All the fields displayed in the Fields for Form table will be displayed on the form. The value added to Text on Form is the label that will appear on the form.
You can mark a field as Mandatory for Submission.
Select Add to save and then add a new field, or Add and close to save and close.
To edit the field select Edit from the row actions menu.
- The values in the Deposit Policy drop down list depend on the asset type that was selected.
- The text added to the Instructions box will display as instructions to the student. This could include for example what is important to fill in the form, what will happen after submitting, etc.
- For the Status drop down list if you mark it as inactive, the URL will not work.
- Select Save to save the profile.
Viewing and Editing Student Deposit Profiles
Navigating to the Student Deposit Form
Distributing the URL for the Student Deposit Form
Only users that are signed into the institution platform will be able to use the URL.
After a user presses Submit the deposit is added to the repository for management and approval. It can be accessed from Repository > Manage Asset Deposits.
Automatic Email to Student after Deposit Approval
You can configure Esploro to automatically send an email to students upon approval of their submission form. This email contains a link to the output on the portal. The DOI is also included in the email. The link in the email goes directly to the form.
The letter is enabled by default and can be configured from Configuration Menu > General > Letters Configuration. See Configuring Esploro Letters for more information.
If advisors were added to the form, they will appear in the CC field in the email. This only applies to advisors that have an email address associated with them in the system.