- Product: Intota
The Resource Sharing page below is where the "manager" library shares databases and license information with a "member" library (the Business Library in the example screenshot below). The page is accessed from the Member Details page where all member libraries are displayed.
The top left of the page displays resource inheritance settings that have been configured by the "manager" library: Auto Accept (whether or not the member library has to accept an inherited resource before it is added to the library's profile) and Locked (whether or not the member library can edit the Database Details page of an inherited resource).
The top right drop down menu provides access to the Resource Sharing pages for the other member libraries.
The Databases and Licenses tabs are where the manager library does its sharing with the member library.
- Note that sharing a single resource with multiple libraries at the same time can be done via a resource's Database Details page or License Details page. The manager library's My Intota page also allows for sharing a database with multiple libraries at the same time.
- For further details see the below section Sharing a Resource with Multiple Member Libraries at the Same Time.
All of the databases and licenses in the "manager" library's profile display on the Resource Sharing page. The Shared checkbox on the left side of the page indicates whether the resource has been shared with the member library. In the above screenshot, two resources are currently being shared with the member library (the two resources that have the Shared checkbox selected).
- To share a resource, click Edit on the right side and then select the resource(s) to be shared. The resource immediately displays in the member library's Resource Inheritance page where, if Auto Accept is OFF, the resource will not be added to the library's profile until they accept it.
- The member library can choose to receive email notification when your library shares a resource with them. The library turns email notification on via the My Account page which a user accesses by clicking on their name on the top right of Intota so that the drop-down menu displays.
Note that if a license is attached to a resource in the "manager" library's profile and both the database and license are shared with the member library, the license will be attached to the database in the member library's profile as long as the profile has inherited both the database and the license. The same is true for a license that is attached to a provider in the manager library's profile: if the license and databases from that provider are inherited by a member library, the license in the member library's profile will attach at the provider level and inherited databases from that provider will also have the license attached.
To display more or less resources than currently being displayed on the Resource Sharing page, use the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
Sharing a Resource with Multiple Member Libraries at the Same Time
Instead of using the Resource Sharing page to share with one member library at a time, you can share a resource with multiple member libraries at one time by using the options detailed below:
- My Intota
- Database Details Page
- License Details Page
The Databases tab within My Intota includes a resource sharing icon next to each resource, as in this example with the database ScienceDirect Journals (see highlighted icon on the right side):
Click on the icon and the Consortium Sharing window displays. Click Edit to activate the checkboxes for sharing:
Database Details Page
The right side of the Database Details page contains a Consortium Sharing link:
Click on the link to open the Consortium Sharing window (see screenshot in My Intota section above) where you can share the resource with member libraries. Note that if the Licenses pane on the right side of the Database Details page displays a license attached to the database, it is not shared when you use this Consortium Sharing window. Attached Notes and Contacts are not shared either (notes and contacts are not shareable anywhere in the Interlibrary Shared Resources feature set).
License Details Page
The right side of the License Details page (page is described in the Licenses article) contains a Consortium Sharing link:
Click on the link to open the Consortium Sharing window (see screenshot in My Intota section above) where you can share the license with member libraries. Note that if the Related Resources section of the License Details page displays database(s) attached to the license, the database(s) are not shared when you use this Consortium Sharing window.
- Date Created: 20-Sep-2015
- Last Edited Date: 26-Sep-2015
- Old Article Number: 13146