- Product: Intota
What does my library need to do when we add a Campus Research or Westlaw International database?
When your library adds a Campus Research or Westlaw International - Turkish Consortium database from provider Thomson West, you need to add some information to the ProQuest system to avoid the prompt for authentication. The following four databases are affected:
- Campus Research: Law - Full-text Titles - powered by Westlaw (U.S.)
- Campus Research: Law - Selected Full-text Titles - powered by Westlaw
- Campus Research: News & Law - Full-text Titles - powered by Westlaw (U.S.)
- Campus Research: News & Law - Selected Full-text Titles - powered by Westlaw (U.S.
- Westlaw International - Turkish Consortium
The default URLs we have for the Campus Research databases begin with http://campus.westlaw.com, while the default URL we have for Westlaw International - Turkish Consortium is http://international.westlaw.com. Both require your users to log in for access to content unless further customization to the URLs is done.
Please use the following procedure to change the default database URL to ensure your patrons can access content:
- In Intota, access the resource's Database Details page by clicking Resources on the menu bar and then selecting Databases in the submenu.
- Find the database and click on it to go to its Database Details page.
- Click Edit next to the Configuration section of the Database Details page, and in the Database URL field, enter the custom URL that you use to access each database directly (for example, http://www.westlaw.com/signon/defaul...1.0&vr=2.0&sp=[your library's Westlaw Identifier]), where [your library's Westlaw Identifier] is replaced by the client identifier Westlaw has provided to you (typically a numeric identifier in this syntax: 00xxxxxxx-2000).
- Use the Support Portal option at the top of this page to request that we create your title-level links. Select the following:
Question Summary: Create Title-Level Links for Westlaw Database [name of database]
Question Detail: [Tell us your your library's Westlaw Identifier and the name of the database.]
- Date Created: 31-Jul-2014
- Last Edited Date: 6-Aug-2015
- Old Article Number: 11084