- Product: Pivot
Funding Advanced Search
The Advanced Search allows you to construct a targeted, field-specific search using search boxes, browsing windows, and pick lists. The rows of text boxes at the top of the page can assist you in creating a Boolean search using OR and AND. Note that the text boxes in a single row are connected by OR and multiple rows are automatically AND-ed together by default.
There are no required fields for conducting an Advanced Search. Enter only information in those fields you wish to search.
Boolean Operators AND, OR, and NOT can be used within any search field.
- Baseball AND Football will retrieve all records containing both the words baseball and football.
- Baseball OR Football will retrieve all records containing either the words baseball or football.
- Baseball NOT Football will retrieve all records containing the word baseball without the word football.
To Conduct an Advanced Search:
First log onto Pivot and select the Funding Tab. From there, click “Advanced Search.”
1. Choose a matching option. These options allow you to either narrow or broaden your search criteria depending on your selection.
Match all of the Fields
This will retrieve records including ALL of your selected search criteria. This is similar to the Boolean operator AND. This is the default option and is used unless another option is selected.
Example: Selecting AIDS as a KEYWORD and selecting Private Foundation as the SPONSOR TYPE will retrieve all funding opportunities dealing with AIDS from private foundations.
Match Any of the Fields
This will retrieve records including ANY of your selected criteria. This is similar to the Boolean operator OR.
Example: Selecting AIDS as a KEYWORD and typing National Institutes of Health in the SPONSOR field will retrieve all funding opportunities that have the COS keyword AIDS, as well as all funding opportunities from the National Institutes of Health, whether or not they fund AIDS research.
2. Make a selection from the drop-down (All fields, Abstract, Title, Sponsor, or Sponsor ID). Complete as many boxes and rows as needed. You can include additional rows by clicking on the Add another row link.
3. In the Search Fields area, enter the information in the fields relevant to your search. You can display additional search areas: Amount, Deadlines, Limited Submission/ Internal Coordination, Activity Location, Citizenship, Funding Type, Keywords, Requirements, or Sponsor Type.
4. At the bottom of the page, you can exclude fields from your search. You can exclude any combination of terms as well as exclude information in the areas mentioned above.
- Article last edited: 12-Mar-2014
- Old Article Number: 9977