When using Aleph to perform user authentication, user information is also requested from Aleph.
The following steps describe the interaction between the user, Primo, and Aleph to provide authentication and authorization:
- The user invokes the sign-in option in Primo.
- If the institution has more than one active profile, Primo displays the Primo parallel login page.
- After the user selects the Aleph profile, the Authentication manager redirects the sign-in request to Aleph using the host X-Server defined in the configuration.
- The user enters his or her credentials.
- If the response is positive, the response will also include user information. If the response is negative, an error message will display on the Primo login page.
- If the user has been authenticated, Primo will log the user in and redisplay the page from which the login was invoked.
To configure Primo to use Aleph authentication:
- Open the User Authentication Wizard page (Primo Home > Ongoing Configuration Wizards > User Authentication Wizard).
- Select your institution from the Owner drop-down list.The source of your Primo institution must be Aleph in order use Aleph user authentication.
- From the list of profiles, click Edit next to the Aleph profile that you want to configure.The Login Profile page opens.Aleph Login Profile Page
- Use the following table to configure the Aleph authentication fields:
Aleph Authentication Fields Parameter DescriptionALEPH_HOSTEnter the host name for the Aleph server.ALEPH_PORTEnter the port for the Aleph server.ADM_LIBRARYEnter the active Aleph ADM library.X_SERVER_USERNAMEEnter a valid staff user name that is authorized to use the X-server.X_SERVER_PASSWORDEnter the staff user's password for the specified staff user.EMAIL_OVERRIDEThe valid values are True and False (default).If set to True, the email returned with the user information will always override the email stored in the user’s profile in Primo.
Aleph User Information Fields Parameter DescriptionSelect User Information MethodFor Aleph authentication, ALEPH is automatically populated for you.ALEPH_HOST_IEnter the host name for the Aleph server.ALEPH_PORT_IEnter the port for the Aleph server.ADM_LIBRARY_IEnter the active Aleph ADM library.X_SERVER_USERNAME_IEnter a valid staff user name that is authorized to use the X-server.X_SERVER_PASSWORD_IEnter the staff user's password for the specified staff user.
- Click Save.
- From the list of profiles, click Edit next to your Aleph profile.The Login Profile page opens with the attribute mapping option.Aleph Login Profile Page - Aleph Attribute MappingThe Attributes Mapping button displays only when the user information method has been selected and saved.
- Map the user attributes associated with Aleph authentication. For more information, see Attribute Mapping.