The Primo Home > Monitor Primo Status > Tools Monitoring > Import Primo Configuration page (see Import Primo Configuration Page) imports configuration data placed in the following directory on the target servers by the export tool:
After the import completes successfully, the export package is copied to the following directory:
The Backup Process
The import process has two stages:
- Deletion of configuration that you want to replace – If this stage fails, an automatic rollover will restore the deleted configuration.
- Addition of the new or updated configuration – If this stage fails for any reason, there is no automatic restore.You will need to copy the backup file in the /exlibris/primo/p4_1/ng/primo/home/profile/publish/import_backup_files directory to the /exlibris/primo/p4_1/ng/primo/home/profile/publish/exported_files directory and then use the Import Primo Configuration tool to import the backup file into the system.
Importing a Primo Configuration
If the export is done for a specific institution, any installation-level configurations in use are also included. For example, if a pipe uses normalization rules that belong to the installation level, then they will be included in the export. During the import, however, only new installation-level configurations are added and no existing configuration is replaced.
It is recommended to use an institution-level configuration if the configuration is for a specific institution.
This tool is limited to the SuperAdmin and Admin roles.
If you are running a full configuration export/import, perform the additional steps provided in Exporting/Importing the Full Configuration before performing the following procedure.
To import a Primo configuration:
- On the Tools Monitoring page, select Import Primo Configuration in the Create a Tool drop-down list.The Import Primo Configuration page opens.Import Primo Configuration Page
- Enter the following fields:
- Name – Enter a name for the tool, which you can execute and monitor in the Tool Monitoring list.
- Import type – Select the type of configuration you want to import. The valid values are All (all data) and NR Sets (normalization rules sets and related mapping tables only).
- File Name – Select the name of the export file you want to import. If there are no files matching the configuration you want to import, you must run the export before creating this tool.
- Email – Enter an e-mail address to which to send a confirmation when the tool completes execution.
- Click Save.
- Execute the tool when needed. For information on monitoring tools, see Tools Monitoring.