The features below are currently planned for the next release. However, some of these features may, for various reasons, not be included in this month's release, but rather in a future Rosetta release.
Release 6.1 (June 2019)
- Reliable Indexing – Major upgrade of Solr to SolrCloud, providing high scalability, fault tolerance, and distributed indexing.
- Java Major upgrade to Java 11.
- Additional Upgrades – XSLT 2.0, Universal Viewer, and more.
- Simplified system setup – As part of an on-going effort to facilitate the system configuration, 6.1 will provide a “slim” and clear material flow setup, which will be available for a default basic staff profile.
- Enhanced out-of-the-box configurations – Additional out-of-the-box setup options will provide a more streamlined material flow setup experience. These will include Bagit ingests and others.
- Advanced viewer configuration – The embedded IE viewer will include many more configuration options, including detailed download control, further sharing possibilities, and other UX related options.
- Improved Viewers’ Usability – Allow users to navigate between files from the full-screen mode, configure Universal Viewer to download original hi-res image, rotate and print in OpenSeaDragon file viewer, and more.
- User Preferences – TA workbench will be customizable, expanding the existing list of customizable pages in Rosetta.
- Format Library Releases – Introducing additional information - title of manually uploaded Format Library releases and deployment date for all releases.
- Unassign SIPs – Enable content assessors to unassign SIPs assigned to another staff member.
- API – Get SIP Status API to return number of IEs. This will allow monitoring of completed SIPs with no IEs.
- Abort Ingest – Add the possibility to abort queued deposited SIPs.
Release 6.2 (December 2019)
- Upgrade to Oracle 19
- Simplified workflows - Simplify setup of material flows, facilitating the usage of the system
- Simplified preservation planning - Provide an additional simplified preservation planning flow for pre-defined migration plans
- Improved Reports mechanism
- Extend personalized user preferences to further pages
- Support delete representations
- Improve SIP processing parallelization
- Improved reporting of data inconsistencies
- Enhanced API update of AIP, allowing better control of IE version increments
- Extend repository task plugin to update all DNX fields
- Multiple Storage plugin
- Video streaming - Conversion of selected video / audio formats to streaming format
2020 and beyond..
- IxIF - Extend IIIF viewers to render non-image sequences, including audio-visual, 3D, PDFs and more
- Nested IEs - Enriched data model, providing advanced hierarchical data structure
- Multiple format identification