- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-12081
Server platform(s) affected:
PC OS (if applicable):
Browser & version (if applicable):
Release(s) replicated in: 7.2.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): n/a (replicates back to 6.1)
Expected results: When using the Send Record To function in Cataloging, Cataloging should send the record and remain open regardless of the record size.
Actual results: When using the Send Record To function in Cataloging, a large record may trigger a run-time error and Cataloging closes.
Workflow implications: Operators can’t preview records and must restart Cataloging, losing any unsaved work.
1. In voyager.ini, set up a [MARC POSTing] stanza to display a record in WebVoyage.
2. In Cataloging, open a large bib record. [I replicated this with a record that contained 4 very large 505 fields – and replicated after they were broken into 40 smaller ones – with a total record size of 42KB.]
3. Go to Record>Send Record To>WebVoyage.
4. Receive “Run-time error ‘6’: Overflow” and Cataloging closes.
Other information: Send Record To does not work, but record will display directly (i.e., not as preview from Cataloging) in WebVoyage once saved to database.
Fixed in the cataloging client for 8.1.2.
- Article last edited: 3/4/2015