- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Is it possible to use Voyager patron XML utilities to purge patron notes?
Is it possible to delete patron notes without deleting the patron record?
Patron XML utilities may let you do some version of batch updates to patron notes, but not exactly purging:
- You can use the XML export utility and export by patron ID if you know which patrons you want to update.
- You can set patron notes to Overlay - which means whatever is in the XML patron record as patron notes will replace any existing patron notes.
- If there are multiple patron notes, you can remove the ones you don't want to retain, run the XML import and only those notes in the XML record will remain.
- If updating patron notes in any way, at least one patron note must be in the XML record for the patron - so it's not possible to batch delete all notes for the patron, as at least one must exist in order to update any patron notes.
So, in short, it's not possible to batch delete patron notes, but you can batch overlay the existing set of patron notes with new ones.
You can view the XSD that governs the XML for patron import here: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/resources/voyager/PatronSchema.xsd
- Patron Import (XML) overwrites all patron notes with incoming noteList data
- Explanation of the overlayAction element in Voyager patron XML import
- Article last edited: 05-Mar-2021