- Product: Voyager
Create or refresh read-only Oracle users
- Log into the server as the oracle user.
- Run /m1/utility/readonly.ksh
- Select xxxdb (where xxxdb is the Voyager Database Instance) for the database(s)
- When prompted, enter the user name: (i.e. default is ro_xxxdb or enter a custom read-only user name)
- When prompted, enter the user's password: (i.e. default is ro_xxxdb or enter a custom read-only password)
- Test the username & password in Access after the script finishes.
If you cannot log into the server as the oracle user or would like assistance, open a Case with Support.
One way to test that the read-only user is working is by logging into the Voyager server via SSH, then logging into SQLplus using the read-only account login and password, and then running a simple query. For example:
[VGER] voyager@aio0041 : voyager/ $ dlib mydb
[VGER:lsucdb] voyager@aio0041 : voyager/ $ sqlplus
Enter user-name: ro_mynewdb
Enter password: ro_mynewdb
Last Successful login time: Wed Sep 16 2020 07:01:31 -04:00
Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 220.127.116.11.0 - Production
SQL> select * from PATRON_GROUP;
- Article last edited: 28-Mar-2018