- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.5
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-16033
Module(s): Universal Borrowing, Circulation, SysAdmin
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris
Release(s) replicated in: 7.1.1-8
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
Editing patron group mapping in SysAdmin should apply to existing stub records.
When mapping is changed in SysAdmin, no action updates existing stub records to reflect it.
Workflow implications: Patrons cannot place requests.
1. In the Local database, pull up a UB stub record in Circulation and note patron group
2. In the patron’s home database, open the patron record and note the patron group.
3. In the Local database, go to SysAdmin>Circulation>Patron Group Mapping and select the patron’s home database from Step 2.
4. Move the patron group in step 2 from the Local Patron Groups column on the left to the Remote Patron Groups column on the right.
5. In the Local Patron Groups column on the left, highlight a DIFFERENT patron group from the one noted in step 1.
6. Move the patron group from steps 2 and 4 back to the Local Patron Groups column on the left. The patron group is now remapped to the patron group select in step 5.
7. There is no action that will actually change the patron group assigned to the stub record to the new patron group. This includes charging, discharging, renewing and requesting.
8. Also, while requests appear to be successful, they are canceled by the system immediately after they are placed. This means that a stub patron for which the patron group has been remapped can NOT place UB Request.
Fixed in circjob and Webadmin with new Circjob 45 for 8.1.1.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013