- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Searches return no hits when one of search terms is Boolean operator
* Messaging in search interface when this happens is not specific as to cause of search failure.
Issue 16384-17649 / VYG-1442 is resolved for Voyager 8.2.1 and higher.
1. In WebVoyage, navigate to the Advanced search page.
2. Search for a record using a phrase that includes a Boolean, such as:
not for profit
not 4 sale
not for publication
and 22 million
or so I'm told
10 items or less
Panorama waterfront and Brooklyn Bridge
3. Use the modifier “any of these” which is the default in this interface.
4. Receive message “Could not retrieve search results” (if using “any of these” or “all of these”) or “Search resulted in no hits” (if using “as a phrase”), even though there are matching records in the database. Messaging does not help searchers identify the problem in order to find a way around it (i.e., different search terms, etc.)
Other information: Booleans at the end of search term strings do not foil search results.
- Article last edited: 3/7/2015