HockeyApp is used by ExLibris campusM to distribute iOS and Android Sandbox releases to app Sandbox testers.
To become a Sandbox tester for an app, you must receive an invitation to test a specific app.
iOS HockeyApp Sandbox Testers
To become an iOS Sandbox tester:
- Register your iOS device with HockeyApp—for example, by opening config.hockeyapp.net on the device. Detailed information about registering iOS devices can be found here.
- A notification is sent to Ex Libris that a new device has been registered.
- Ex Libris provisions the app for the new device.
- You receive a notification confirming the app is available for download.
iOS Sandbox releases are available for download within 5 business days of a new device being registered. If you do not receive a notification in this time after registering a new device, contact Ex Libris.
- Download and install the app. (Click here for detailed information about installing iOS beta apps.)
The maximum number of each device type that you can register per membership year is:
- Apple TV: 100
- Apple Watch: 100
- iPad: 100
- iPhone: 100
- iPod Touch: 100
Android HockeyApp Sandbox Testers
Android does not require Sandbox releases to be provisioned for specific devices. Testers can install Android Sandbox releases on their device immediately, without having to wait for Ex Libris to make any changes. Note that there is an unknown source restriction enabled by default on Android devices, which can easily be disabled under the device's security settings. Refer to the documentation provided here for more information about installing Android Sandbox apps.
Although it is not required, it is recommended that all Android testers register their devices with HockeyApp, as this makes troubleshooting easier if any issues are identified with a release. In addition, the HockeyApp Android app, provided when registering an Android device, makes managing releases much easier. You can register your Android device with HockeyApp by opening config.hockeyapp.net using the device’s mobile browser.