- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
In AIX, manage-01("Rebuild Word Index") fails:
1. The $alephe_scratch log shows "Exiting due to job suspension."
2. The ./data_scratch/p_manage_01_a.err file has:
Sort Failure\n-rw-rw-r-- 1 aleph aleph 399698739 Jan 18 08:09 /exlibris/aleph/u20_1/xxx01/scratch/manage_01_4.6\n
3. The manage_01_4.6\n file has:
sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting
4. At the same time as manage-01 failed the /var filesystem went to 100% full.
The /var filesystem filled up, causing the sort to fail.
Add a datafile (at least 1 Gig) to /var .
It seems that, when running manage-01 or manage-02 under AIX, /var should have about 2 Gig for each 100,000 records.
Category: Background processing (500)
Subject: Indexing (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013