What is happening to SPIE databases from provider American Institute of Physics?
The provider American Institute of Physics is no longer providing SPIE databases for some Consortia; instead, they are being provided by SPIE.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with two databases in 360 Knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on March 30, 2018:
- Before March 30, 2018: American Institute of Physics
- After March 30, 2018: SPIE
This change will affect the following databases:
|DB Code||Database Name|
|UT2||SPIE Digital Library - Bibsam|
|SPBNH||SPIE Digital Library - JUSTICE|
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after March 30, 2018.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 13-MAR-