360 KB: Beck: Provider Change -- JUNE 2022
What is happening to the Beck-Online. Die Datenbank database from provider Beck?
There has been a mistake and the provider Beck is not the one who provides Beck-Online. Die Datenbank database; instead, they are being provided by Beck Online – die Datenbank.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with Beck-Online. Die Datenbank database (Database code: KFD) in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on June 30, 2022:
- Before June 30, 2022: Beck
- After June 30, 2022: Beck Online – die Datenbank
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after June 30, 2022.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 02-JUNE-2022