360 KB: C.H. Beck Journals databases from MetaPress: Database Migration - Mar 2015
- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the databases for C.H. Beck Journals?
ProQuest currently has title-level information for the C.H. Beck Journals databases from providers MetaPress and C.H. Beck Journals in the 360 KB knowledgebase. C.H. Beck Journals is now independently hosted; it was formerly hosted on the MetaPress platform.
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the 360 KB collection policy, all titles will be removed from C.H. Beck Journals database from provider MetaPress and the database will be hidden in 360 KB [Note: DBID is FS1].
The migration and linking syntax change will be effective March 27.
C.H. Beck Journals [DBID: FS1] from provider MetaPress will be hidden and all titles will be removed
- Subscribe to this database: C.H. Beck Journals [DBID: FR8]
C.H. Beck Journals [DBID: FR8] from provider C.H. Beck Journals will have a linking syntax change
- Before March 27: http://chbeck.metapress.com
- After March 27: http://elibrary.chbeck.de
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either http://elibrary.chbeck.de or *chbeck.de is included in your proxy configuration before March 27.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after March 27.
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- Date Created: 11-Mar-2015
- Last Edited Date: 11-Mar-2015
- Old Article Number: 12441