360 KB: RCN Publishing Journals Collection database: Provider Change -- effective June 2017
What is happening to the database RCN Publishing Journals Collection from provider RCN Publishing Company?
The provider RCN Publishing Company (code PRVIUL) is a duplicate of another provider, Royal College of Nurses (RCN Publishing Company), (code PRVNST). Therefore we will change the provider for the "RCN Publishing Journals Collection" (database code AAGYS) from "RCN Publishing Company" to "Royal College of Nurses (RCN Publishing Company)" in the Knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on June 23rd, 2017:
- Before June 23rd, 2017: RCN Publishing Company (code PRVIUL)
- After June 23rd, 2017: Royal College of Nurses (RCN Publishing Company), (code PRVNST)
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after June 23rd, 2017.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: DD-MMM-YYYY